Friends are the family you choose for yourself.
Jim Rickards, 1995
Family Bottling Day
When Eliza and I started making wine in 1991, the first vintage was in celebration of our marriage. We asked friends to help us bottle the wine in 1993 and from that tradition grew the annual Family Bottling Day. Our close friends, who have supported our wine making efforts throughout the years, continue to gather each year to bottle a special red wine blend, share a nice meal and reminisce about how it all started in the chicken shed so many years ago. To all of them, we say Cheers!
Recipes from the J. Rickards Kitchen!
Good food is an important part of our wine experience. See below for a list of our favorite recipes we'd like to share with you.
From Our Kitchen
- May 8, 2018 More Cinco de Mayo - Corn and Slaw
- May 8, 2018 Derby de Mayo Recipes - Enchiladas and Flan
- Apr 21, 2017 "Spring" Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Dec 5, 2016 Gravenstein Apple and Brie Soup with Basil Oil
- Nov 5, 2016 Mediterranean Chicken Ragu
- Oct 24, 2016 Creamy Polenta
- Oct 24, 2016 Hazelnut-Brown Butter Cake with Sautéed Pears
- Sep 23, 2016 Lamb Shanks with Beans
- Sep 23, 2016 Pea Peanut Slaw
- Sep 23, 2016 Peach Twilight Cobbler
- Sep 23, 2016 Old Vine Zinfandel Chocolate Cake
- Sep 23, 2016 Choucroute Garnie
- Sep 14, 2016 Corn Bread Pudding Casserole
- Aug 21, 2016 Braised Short Ribs
- Aug 21, 2016 Avocado Corn Salad
Where to find J. Rickards Wine (besides the Winery)
We've outgrown listing every place on this page, so click here for restaurants and wine shops that serve and sell our wines!
- Voigt Family Foundation – Healdsburg art walk
- ZAP Zinfandel Advocates & Producers, Rough and Ready CA
- Sonoma County Wine Grape Commission, Santa Rosa CA
- Alexander Valley Wine Grape Growers, Healdsburg CA
- Russian River Wine Road, Healdsburg CA
- Geyserville Chamber of Commerce, Geyserville CA
- Rhone Rangers, North Coast Chapter